There are many services available to help you to stay healthy. Some of these services can be accessed directly and for others you need to be registered with a GP Practice.
- When you want to consult a GP about your medical condition, you need to contact the Surgery with which you are registered to arrange an appointment.
- When you see your GP about a medical condition, they may arrange for further tests to be carried out. They will explain the arrangements for these tests and how you will get the results.
- If your GP thinks that you need to be seen by a Specialist Doctor or other Healthcare Professional, they will refer you.
- If you require medicine the GP will give you a prescription which you will need to take to a Pharmacy, who will supply the medicine for you
- If you have a preference for either a male or a female GP please check with reception when you book your appointment.
- The Practice can arrange for an Interpreter if required, who works by telephone.
- If you need to use the Interpreting Service please ask the Receptionist to arrange this when making an appointment.
- If someone else is contacting the Practice on your behalf, please remind them to ask the Receptionist to book an Interpreter.
Help your Practice to help you
Practices can be busy places and staff try hard to accommodate their patients – in return you are asked to behave in a polite and considerate manner. It would be appreciated if you would help your Practice to keep surgeries running smoothly and ensure that patients are seen at the right time, by:
- When you have an appointment please attend at the time stated, if you are not able to attend please let the Practice know in advance, so the appointment can be used by someone else who needs it. KEEP IT OR CANCEL IT!
- If you do not attend appointments, the Practice may de-register you. This means that you would stop being a patient of the Practice and would no longer be seen by us.
- If more than one member of your family needs to see the Doctor or other Healthcare Professional, please book one appointment per patient.
- Please notify the Practice if you change your address, telephone or mobile phone number.
- We ask that you treat the doctors and staff with respect and courtesy
- Test results take time to reach us, so please do not contact us before you have been asked to do so.